During Christmas, most homes are packed with family and friends and, in the excitement, accidents await around every corner. Each year, hospital staff treats people for injuries such as falls, cuts and shocks. Almost all accidents are related to the holiday lighting, decorations and Christmas trees.
A couple of safety checks & tips to avoid accidents and make your Christmas a pleasant one;
- Check if outdoor lighting is actually certified for outdoor use
- Check if the lighting was tested by a recognized testing laboratory and meets safety standards
- Check each set of lights on damaged sockets and wiring
- Replace burned-out bulbs with bulbs of the same wattage
- Turn off all holiday lighting when going to sleep
- Check box or label if the artificial Christmas tree is fire-resistant
- Never use lit candles in a tree or near other evergreens
- Avoid decoration that is sharp or breakable, especially when children with children around
- Only use flame retardant decorations to trim a tree
- Do not place the tree near a fireplace or radiator
- Check if the plants you buy are toxic. Mistletoe for instance is toxic. If you buy toxic plants do make sure children can´t reach them.
- Do not over-reach yourself when standing on a ladder
Be safe and stay safe! Do take our tips into account, it can´t hurt to be prepared. Our Jet Rescue crew wishes you a merry Christmas!
Jet Rescue Air Ambulance specializes in long-range air ambulance transports and is considered to be one of the most experienced air ambulance companies in the world.
Thanks to the excellent quality of our services we have been chosen as an official provider for major insurance and assistance companies around the world.
Please be invited to learn more about our company here;
24 hours USA/CANADA